We are often asked "Why do we do maths and what's it for?" Sometimes that is a difficult question to answer but without some understanding of what maths is all about, life can be very difficult at times. With that in mind, we have specifically designed this software project to cover a wide range of skills and the depth to which you explore each of them is entirely up to you (or maybe your teacher if you are doing this at school!). However, one thing is for certain...............to stand any chance of winning a race you will need to set up a good car and to do that you can't avoid touching on......
- Multiplication, Division
- Calculator work (or not!)
- Decimals, rounding, context
- Ratios, chance, risk, strategy
- Angles, measurement, scale
- Speed, distance, time
- Maths modelling... what happens if?
- Engine performance, aerodynamics, gears, suspension
- Team strategy, working together
- Interpreting graphs, statistics
- Data handling
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Maths Skills
And can you imagine what you could achieve in your STEM Club as well?